I possibly come from one of the largest families, but I love it! I love all the Aunts and Uncles and cousins and my Gma & Gpa. Oh & the laughter, the crazyness.. its a package deal! My Mom's side is pretty large and so is my Dads, so I really dont know what its like to only have a few cousins. But I am very proud to say I am apart of such large families! They are the best!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Coffee filters ..who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they'll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Us e strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. Soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."
OH YEAH THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS
Who woulda thought?! :0)
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
USE ONLY ONE WORD! It’s not as easy as you might think. Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on. It’s really hard to use only one-word answers.
1. Where is your cell phone? Purse
2. Your hair? Straight
3. Your mother figure? Strong
4. Your father figure? Admirable
5. Your favorite food? Italian
6. Your dream last night? Peaceful
7. Your favorite drink? Tea
8. Your dream/goal? Homeowner
9. What room are you in? Office
10. Your hobby? Blogging!
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Pumpkin Spice Latte! Equally Amazing!
So Monday was an awesome day! I woke up to the fall feel in the air and the sun shinning. It was the first day of my awesome new schedule at work and I was not going to work weekends again! All was well in the world of Ash! Although DQ doesn’t have the pumpkin pie blizzards out yet I was still very Fall Mode! And not to be a “Debbie Downer” but the way things have gone for me the last few months, I seems to watch for the bad things when I’m in a good mood… That’s really bad to do I know! But because I was looking for the bad that I thought was lurking in the shadows sure enough it happened come Tuesday!
Tuesday morning I got in a car accident in my own work parking lot for MY OWN INSURANCE Company!! And then I got off work to find a note on my door telling me I have 24 hours was power wash the side of my place?! Among all these things one of my relationships were not going so well… & DQ still doesn’t have pumpkin pie blizzards!
Moral of the story, I need to stop looking for the bad and start appreciating the good when it is here!
"Do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:34
I need to strive to be more like that. I cant change what tomorrow brings but I can enjoy today and really allow myself to be happy in that moment.. I’m such a work in progress!!
My lil girl sun bathing!